Saturday, September 08, 2007

:: Another one happens ::

I was like so happy yesterday... Reached office very early by bus and train.. I was kinda proud of my achievements since I'm trying very hard to avoid cabs.. Too costly and it's burns a gaping hole in my purse..

Then I received the email from our wedding card company.. I was told to push them so that the cards would be ready on time.. I also email and email and they said that Insyallah by this Mon or Tuesday latest, our cards would be ready and they would courier it to us. Alhamdullilah.. Once the cards is in our hands, it kinda ease the worries a bit lah... When something is done far away, I feel that it is a little bit beyond my control..

After lunch, I played game all the way till six and went for my class. The tutorial wasn't beneficial to me as it was just going through the topics but since I have nothing on, I might as well just go. Ayie was having tahlil at his station and Su message me in the middle of class to tell me that we are going JB. Yippee.. From then on, my concentration was like way off.. Kekekke..

Ayie came to fetch me at 9.30pm and we head for Esso. While waiting for Su and Bean, Ayie pump his tyres..

At about 10.10pm, Su and Bean arrived.. Ayie led the way and when we reach the junction going to SLE at Woodlands Ave 2, Ayie said ader accident lah yang.. He stopped and on his hazard like.. I also kpo lah.. Mana Mana.. Then he said, eh turun lah yang.. I nak tolong.. Oh okie okie.. I scrambled off the bike and Su and Bean followed. So Mr and Miss MHA together with Mr and Mrs Public Spirited stopped to render assistance. Oh.. actually it's only Mr MHA and Mr Public Spirited that helped. Miss MHA and Mrs Public Spirited just stand at the side.

Ayie called for police and ambulance. The rider was sprawled on the road. He seems to be in shocked. Kesian.. His bike was smashed. It was very bad. The car who langgar him or the car he langgar was parked at the side of the road. The left front door of the car was extremely dented and the door couldn't close. The driver was dazed, calling for his dad.. He seems like Chinese plus Thai. One of his friends helped to control the traffic together with another motorist who stopped to helped.

The rider was hurt pretty badly, blood covered his face.. Ayie said he was bleeding from the nose and mouth which is not a very good sign..

Anyway, I simply don't understand Singaporeans... They honk at other cars who is trying to change lane to avoid the bike that is in the middle of the road. There is an accident Singaporeans... Naturally the traffic would be slow. Patience should must be exercised. There is even this green KR who whang whang his bike, stopped beside the injured rider to look. I was pissed. The person is injured, you don't whang whang your bike and stop just beside him to look. Get down from the bike at least!! Ayie asked if he knows the rider.. He said nope and Ayie aske him to leave.. Even when the ambulance came.. The vehicles like no initiative to stop and let the ambulance pass. A guy had to stand in the middle of the junction to ask the other cars to slow down and stop. Think what if that person in the ambulance is you? Do you want people to behave in that manner? if not then please.. be considerate..

And if you come across an accident. Please avoid touching the injured victim. Instead just talk to them to keep them concious. I am no expert in first aid but when we move the injured, there might be some injuries that is not visible to us and our actions might aggravate the injuries further..

We left after the TP came.. I really hope the rider is okie despite his injuries.. When Su said she is still thinking of the rider, Ayie suggest that we go and visit him.. But nolah.. Not appropriate.. I think his loved ones would prefer to be with him in this critical period.

I also sympathise with the driver of the car. He still have his P plate and there is a high chance that his licence might be suspended. And being a new driver, it must have been traumatic for him..

This is the 3rd bike accident in Woodlands that I know this week. Two was on Sunday. One in the afternoon and the other in the evening. Both died. Then yesterday was another one..

To all drivers, riders and road users, please be careful. Check before you move off and don't speed. I am not very fond of driving myself and I think after yesterday's incident, it further instill the fear of driving.. Not really fear lah... I don't mind driving just that it is something I don't enjoy..

Oh by the way, I need to abstain from caffeine. After my Coffee Bean yesterday afternoon, I felt so fidgety, disoriented and puke-y (if there's such a word). After I puke the caffeine out, I was fine. I tried again at night with tea and that same problem arise.. So for the time being I shall stick to decaffeinated drinks..


And I hope Ain likes our gift for her birthday.. We gave her a card and $250 cold hard cash to get her handphone changed..