Sunday, August 23, 2009

:: A special Ramadan ::

We welcome Ramadan as a parent. For the very first time.. It feels special.. To us that is... And what more, in our new home.

For the very first time of my life, I prepared Sahur... The many years of waiting for food to be on the table seriously didnt help.. I miss those days.. I just say what I wanna eat and tadaa, it's on the table the next day. Best kan.. So no more lazy donkey me, I have to wake up to reality.

Thursday night kenduri at my place was successful. I was so happy with the turnout. Uncles, aunties, cousins and my PIL was around. After the doa selamat and yasin recitation, we all tuck in to the good food that was prepared by mummy dearest. Kak Linda came with an assortment of fruits... Bibik came with bubur kacang durian.. MIL came with ondeh ondeh.. Some or most had second and third helpings.. There was no pictures as I have yet to uncover the charger...

Ikea on Wednesday was great too.. We bought so many things.. Like really many many.. We had a trolley full and another bag filled too.. 'Aqiil refuse to sit in the pram and was cranky but the moment Ain put him in the trolley with all our stuffs, he was a happy boy. HE was jumping with joy. Put him in the laundry bag and it brings smiles to his face. He cried when we took him out. People were laughing at him. SOmetimes, I am amused by my boy..

Courts on Thursday morning was fruitful too. We bought our fridge, iron, pillows and rice cooker.

So what's left is the dining table. We have yet to scout around. I like the one from LOrenzo that was shown on TV. But if the price is too steep, there is no way I would buy there. We become so concious of our expenditure with the arrival of our house.

We are also scouting for contractors for our kitchen. THe family contractor quotation was sky high and unrealistic. So we shall just slowly scout around...

It's Nasi Goreng for break fast today. We have to go Cold Storage to get some stuff. There are very limited halal meat at NTUC.

Yesterday the neighbours gave us Mee Goreng and the one right next to us gave us lontong.

We didn't wake up for Sahur today as the alarm did not go off. Ayie woke up at 7.20am and when he called me, I woke up in shock. THe late nights is not helping. Ayie is painting almost everyday. He is now painting 'Aqiil's room and when this is over, there's only one more room left...

Okie, I better check 'Aqiil out.. He's is too quiet for comfort.. Till then everybody. Salam Ramadhan...
Su, please be strong... We shall meet up soon..

Oh I can hear him now...